Friday, January 9, 2015

Mercy and Grace...for me, for my children (Part 1)

Sometimes a Bible verse pops up in several places in such a short period of time that it clearly is one I need to focus on.

That happened recently with this verse...and it turned out to be for me AND my children...

"Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in our time of need." Hebrews 4:16 NKJV
 I love the words in the verse.

Mercy.

Grace.

Help.

BOLDLY.

It is that last one that really has caught my eye as this verse relates to my life. So often we (well, maybe it is just me) go to God without a spirit of boldness. Like maybe we are bothering him just a little bit with our requests ("um, God, if you don't mind..."). Or maybe we go to God, let's be honestly, with a whiny spirit ("God, but, I waaaannnnt it").  But right here, the writer of Hebrews said we can go BOLDLY! And why not? God is our Father. We should be able to boldly ask our parent for something we need or want.

I am in the Middle Life right now due to a few things I am praying will change. And I should pray BOLDLY.  I can pray for the doors to be open. I can ask and seek and find. God can change each of the circumstances we are facing. At the same time, though, I am asking that if those doors don't open, that God will change my heart, my desires, my outlook. And I am still praying BOLDLY.

A lot of us feel that we can't pray boldly because we have messed up or are unworthy. but that is why the other words are so wonderful.

Grace.

Mercy.

God is Grace. God is Mercy. We can't mess up enough to approach the throne and not obtain mercy and find grace because Jesus paid it all.

ALL. So that we can approach BOLDLY. Like the favored children of a KING that we are.

(Part 2 will be how this verse relates to my children)

No comments:

Post a Comment