Thursday, January 8, 2015

A Cold Tuesday

I know it is Thursday.

This is about Tuesday.

I have little kids, sometimes these things take a few days.

Tuesday I had a Thriving in the Middle Life Victory!

It was a COLD COLD COLD day (repeating words is allowed when the temperature is in the teens). I had a recently had a new idea for potty training I wanted to try with Isaac (for another post). I had a headache. Joel still has lots of snot. Basically, we were not going anywhere.

My plan for the day (as of Monday night) included cookie making and a roasted chicken dinner. Neither of those felt like they fit with potty training, snot, headaches, and being irritated with living somewhere we can't go outside on a sunny day in January.

So I thought about letting the boys watch TV all day and asking Mark to bring home dinner.

But, then I thought about it, and that wouldn't be Thriving. That would be barely existing in the Middle Life. That would be letting Satan win with depression. No, that would not do.

I took some medicine. I set butter out to soften. I prayed my headache would go away. I cleaned up pee.

And we read books, and we played, and pee made it to the potty! and we had lunch.

And we made cookies (well, Joel and I made cookies...one year olds are best at eating the cranberries, not actually helping...but he was there, and that was fun)

And I took a nap. Headache gone. Thank you, Jesus!

And I roasted a chicken.

Most importantly, I went to bed feeling like I had won.

For that day I had Thrived in the Middle Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment