Thursday, January 8, 2015

TWO and ONE, TWO and ONE

Another post written before there was a bloggy home for it...

My kids are little and close together in age. Sometimes this is ever so clear in our daily interactions, but sometimes it still hits me like a ton of bricks.

Today was one of those times. In the middle of a VERY stressful situation where each of my boys was moving in a different direction and neither was going in the correct direction, I was asked "how old are they?"

I causally and quickly answered (as I was trying to stop Joel from damaging some expensive looking equipment), "two and one".

I am fairly certain this is the first time I have been asked that question since Joel's birthday. And there it hit me, even though my answer was quick. My mind heard it and went "Oooohhhh".

Yes, these boys are TWO and ONE. Both are learning boundaries  and limits and language and social cues and respect and so many other things...

This is just going to be life for awhile...two boys, two directions, some extra stress (probably some extra judgment from onlookers)...but that is OK because I know they are growing and learning...

And I will just keep repeating "TWO and ONE'!!

No comments:

Post a Comment