Thursday, January 8, 2015

Conversations with a Three Year Old: Part 1

Confession: Our son isn't three yet. BUT he is only about six weeks away and we are already having those crazy conversations you only have with someone this age.

This will be a regular installment as Mark and I navigate the wonders of having a three year old living under our roof. Given that 8 months after Isaac turns four, Joel will be three...we will be in this phase for awhile!

So, yesterday....
Time: Afternoon Snack
Where: Kitchen

Mommy: Isaac, do you want a butter sandwich? (A butter sandwich is one piece of bread folded in half with butter on it)

Isaac: TWO butter sandwiches!

M: How about a big butter sandwich? (As in two pieces of bread with butter in the middle)

I: Okay.

(Mommy starts to take bread out of bag, Isaac starts to whine about something being wrong)

I: NO, I want a BREAD sandwich!

M: Okay, here you go. (Putting two pieces of bread together and handing them to Isaac thinking in my head in my best internal Olaf voice "ok, easier for me")

I: NO, do it myself! (Puts bread back on counter. Stacks bread. Picks bread up)

(Takes one bite)

I: Can I have butter on it, please?

Final verdict...what he really wanted was a bread sandwich with butter. Which is totally and completely different than a butter sandwich!!

Yes, I did leave the room to laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment